- Click here to download the Powergate3+ windows software.
- Connect the Powergate3+ device to your computer using the provided USB cable (any A to mini-B USB cable will work).
- Start the Powergate3+ software on your computer and it should automatically detect the device, as well as update it (it may take 5 minutes).
- Disconnect the device from your computer, then connect it to your vehicle using the supplied OBD2 cable. The OBD2 port is usually located under the dashboard, just to the left of the steering wheel.
- Tap the "Tuning" icon (the first icon) in the PowerGate3+ screen. Follow the prompts to read your car's original file.
Once the reading operation is complete, take the device back to your computer and in the Powergate3+ software click "Download data". E-mail this file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all of your information, vehicle VIN#, axle ratio and your tune request. If we receive the file with no information it will not be processed until we know who the customer is, the VIN of the truck and the axle ratio.
If you see "Calibration file not found" message on Powergate3+ screen while trying to read the vehicle's ECU, then you will also see numbers that looks like this: 03L906019HH_8180. It simply means that a stock file matching your ECU is not in our online database yet. Please let us know via e-mail the full calibration number that you saw on screen. If we have the stock file that matches this number, then we will upload it to the online database (this may take up to 24 hours during business days) and inform you. Then you will need to connect the device to your computer and start the Powergate3+ software again. It will automatically update online. You can try reading your vehicle again.
After you receive a tune file from us, load it onto your Powergate3+ via the Powergate3+ software on your computer. A battery charger or jump cable (connected to another car that's running) is recommended to stabilize your car's power during the ECU write operation.
Please contact us if you need assistance. 1-(888)-559-2556